Monday, July 14, 2008

Mom or Referee?

Do you ever feel like most days you are more of a referee calling "time outs" rather than the mom? Yesterday, I was sitting at the computer while the boys were playing Indiana Jones Lego. The boys were playing well together and then suddenly, within a matter of seconds, they were fighting. By the time I got across the room to separate the boys Logan had a bloody lip and Dresden had teeth marks on his shoulder. PERFECT!!! The game was taken away for the rest of the week and the boys were in their bedrooms in "time out" until they could come out and apologize. I think if Jo Frost from The Super Nanny were to make a visit to our home her advice would be welcomed with open arms!!! In fact, I think I would invite her to move in and live with us permanently.

9 comments:

Terrie said...

Yes I do feel like that some days! It seems even more so now that it is summer. Some days they are best friends and other days they can't be in the same room with each other w/o arguing. Such is motherhood...

Deidra said...

Ha Ha! That is so funny (to me anyway). :( Zack doesn't have siblings to fight with but I did catch him hitting the dog with a stick the other day. Poor Simpson! Keep up the good work, you're a good mom, a very patient.

Crystal said...

I feel like that many days too. It is hard to feel like you are not always the bad guy. I think you are doing great. It is interesting to me to hear you say your boys wrestle and stuff. My girls just yelled and cry and run to their rooms slamming doors. Got to love the emotion of a girl.

R-Eight said...

HaHa! Great story. I have been there! I love hearing you talk about being a mom.

Amy said...

I feel your pain! My kids go through phases where they fight constantly and then love to play together. I'm just hoping they turn out to be friends in the long run.

Kristin said...

I know exactly how you feel! Sometimes it's Kenz and Cierra and other times it's Cierra and Caden. Somehow, it always involves Cierra.....hmmmmmmm. Motherhood is just full of joys, including refereeing (is that a word?)

Misses~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tres Chic Boutique said...

Umm yeah, I think she would come and tell me that I totally suck, but I guess if no one else heard what she had to say to me, I would really love to have her move in as well!
Oh yeah-- I am just a big book reader! I love to go boating, but don't love to actually do anything like ski or whatever, but I LOVE to read. One of my very favorite things to do. So no worries :)
Heather G

Bundy 6 Pak said...

Ha-ha! Story of my life. It's nice to hear I'm not alone.