Wednesday, November 26, 2008


I am grateful for Larry and for the relationship we have. I am grateful that he is willing to forgive when needed, that he still loves me despite all the unloving things about me. I am grateful that he is my husband and my friend. I am grateful that he is willing to work so hard for our family, to provide for us, and to take care of us. I am grateful that he is such a wonderful father to our boys.

I am grateful for Dresden and for his tender heart. I am grateful that he was my firstborn. I am grateful that he is healthy and strong. I am glad that he likes to use his brain and hands to figure out how things work. I am grateful that he teaches me how to be patient. I am grateful that he loves me. I am grateful that he wants hugs and kisses before I leave anywhere. I am grateful that he is my Dresden.

I am grateful for Logan and for the smiles he brings to my face. I am grateful that he shows gratitude for everything that he receives. I am grateful that he is healthy. I am grateful that he admires Dresden. I am grateful that he loves to cuddle with me. I am grateful that he wants to learn and try new things. I am grateful that he is energetic and happy. I am grateful that he is my Logan.

I am grateful that my boys have such wonderful Grandparents that love and adore them. I am grateful that Larry's and my parents are willing to help us out when we need it. I am grateful that our boys have the opportunity to know both our parents and are able to share moments with them that will be in their memories forever. I am grateful that I still have my Grandparents in my life. I am grateful that my boys have the opportunity to know and love them.

I am grateful for my sister and brothers. I am grateful that we can plan a vacation together and everyone actually wants to go. I am grateful that they all have jobs that support their families. I am grateful that they have their health. I am grateful that each of them has a wonderful spouse that we all love. I am grateful for my nieces and nephews and the opportunities my boys have to know and love them.

I am grateful for my sisters and brothers-in-law. I am grateful for all the many ways they take care of De and Bertha. I am grateful that they love to get together for family parties. I am grateful that they love my boys. I am grateful that I am a part of their lives. I am grateful that we can spend the holidays with them.

I wouldn’t know any of these blessings if it weren't for my Heavenly Father, whom I will be eternally indebted to. My blessings have been abundant and I am grateful to have such a loving Heavenly Father.

6 comments:

R-Eight said...

You are so lovely. Happy Thanksgiving! Give your mom a kiss from us.

Kristin said...

What a great blog Shannon! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family :)

Nana Donna said...

We are so blessed to have such wonderful children and grandchildren. We love you and your darling family.

Nicole said...

We are so grateful for you and your family! What a great holiday that helps you to reflect on your blessings, huh..........

jeana said...

You are more than welcome to look at my blog and leave comments anytime. I got your blog from your Mom's. I know we don't really know eachother, but it's fun getting to know you and your family through our blogs,and it's fun for Rich to hear about you and your siblings lives, and for you to see what's going on with the Rodgers crew.You have an adorable family! Take care

Bundy 6 Pak said...

Happy Thanksgiving,Merry Christmas! I love reading your blog. Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving and fun birthday month. Can't believe Dresden had pink eye too! And I guess we're going tohave to plan a Strong-Rodgers get together :)