Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Reading

One of the things I have been enjoying lately is watching Dresden read. It started out to be a hardship for him but everyday he has gotten more comfortable with reading. Here are some pictures I got of Dresden and his friend Sophie reading. They read the book out loud and I loved hearing them help each other with the words they didn't know.

This is when they noticed me sneaking around taking pictures of them.




Collin reading to Dresden, Logan, and Sydney.

8 comments:

Terrie said...

Those pics are too cute! It is so great when they finally "get it."

Crystal said...

Cute kids. Way to go, Dresden. What a great accomplishment.

Deidra said...

That is really cute!

Nicole said...

Dresden is such a good looking kid. We are so excited to see him, Logan, and the rest of the little cousins. The parents too I suppose. Shannon, congratulations and good luck. I am proud of you. Mike

Kristin said...

Those are such cute pictures! I love the one of Dresden pointing at you......lol. It's so fun when they start to read. I love listening to Cierra read to Caden....it's the best.

Nana Donna said...

I remember that day. They came over into my yard, raked up a bunch of leaves into a pile, sat down on them and started reading. Sophie is a really cute girl. Our ward has such good kids and they are all so nice to each other too. I hope it always stays that way for them.

Shannon great pictures as always!

Nana Donna said...

Collin has been reading forever it seems. I am so proud of my two First graders! Keep up the good work Dresden and Collin. I know our trips to the Library are paying off for Dresden. We need to take Collin with us some time. It's a magical place!

Amy said...

I'm so glad you caught them in that moment! Those pictures are adorable. I'm so glad Sophie and Dresden get along so well. It's so cute that they were reading together.