Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What kid says that?

The other day I was cleaning out Dresden's back-pack. He had all his Valentine's still in his backback so I removed all the cards from the candy and then threw the cards away and put the candy in a pile on the table for him. He walked past the garbage can and saw all his Valentine's cards in the garbage and got really upset with me. I told him I saved all the candy for him and he said, "I don't care about the candy, I only care about the Valentine's" in a really sad "how could you do that to me" kind of voice. I felt terrible because he was so emotional about me throwing the cards away. I retrieved all the cards from the garbage can and he immediately put them all back in his backpack. Seriously, what kid cares more about the silly cards than the candy??? DRESDEN!!!
Logan, on the other hand, could care less about the cards. He's all about the candy!

7 comments:

Terrie said...

That is so cute. I have to pretty stealth when I throw my kids stuff away too. I have gotten in trouble more than once for throwing away a precious treasure that I mistook for garbage.

Deidra said...

Oh, that is classic Dresden! So cute! How long do you think he will keep them? You are going to need some serious storage boxes for that kid as he grows up, especially if he keeps all his valentines every year.

Zack is like Logan, he didn't even notice that there were cards attached to the candy!

Crystal said...

How cute. I have kids who like to keep things too. I just throw them away when they don't see.

I am so glad you job is still going strong. The economy is quite scary. I hope you and Larry continue to have secure jobs.

Nicole said...

that is so funny. It's good to know you have a boy who appreciates friendships. Tell your boys we can't wait to see them in a month and a bit. We are looking forward to hitting "It's a Small World". According to the news, they have changed it around a bit.

Giggles Nichols said...

Hi Shannon your family is so cute!sorry, I one of those off and on bloggers. Its fun to see each others family's. Sounds like Dresden is tender hearted! I was'nt blessed with a child like that, my kids are all about the candy.

brandt and soupie strong said...

Carlee was the same way. All she wanted was the cards to put in her book. I wonder how Tayler will be.

Nana Donna said...

I checked your blog just two days ago. You didn't have "what kid says that?" last time I looked. It shows you posted this Feb. 18th. Not So!

I think Dresden is a very good friend and is loyal to his friends. That's great that he wants to keep his friends Valentines. He is a lot like his dad in more ways that one. He's a collector and so is Larry. Larry has some really good friends from school that he still gets together with. I think Dresden will have those kind of friendships too.