Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Champions, once again.

I think the first time I met Larry he was playing softball with a group of people from his singles ward. When we got married he didn't stop playing softball. It wasn't with a singles ward any longer but with his work. I was invited to play along side Larry and his coworkers and for the past 9 years, with the exception of a couple years the news didn't put a team together, we have played softball. When I first started playing I hadn't played on a team before so Larry would try to be helpful and give me advice on how to swing better or how to field a ball better. I wasn't very receptive to Larry (I hate getting advice when I didn't ask for it) but did try to apply his advice to my game. Anyway, over time I have gotten better and playing softball with Larry has become even more enjoyable. I look forward to our games because it is one time during the week that Larry and I are able to do something fun together. So, last night the Dnews won yet another championship. I'll leave the game highlights to a real sports writer and you can read about the upset win HERE.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Way to go Champions. What a fun thing for you to do with your husband.

Nana Donna said...

Congratulations Champs! I'm glad that you and Larry can enjoy sports together.

R-Eight said...

What fun! Congratulations!

Heather said...

I have a scrapbook page of one of the championships won! Its from the Riverton field. I have had a lot of fun watching you guys through the years :)