Friday, January 21, 2011

Special Delivery

Today was a "blah" day.  Dresden woke up with a sore throat but luckily he didn't have school so he was able to lounge around the house all day.  As long as he had Tylenol in him he felt pretty well.  When I got home from work I decided to check his throat again.  Yep, there it was in the little craters of his tonsils, puss.  I got on the phone with the doctor and set up an appointment to take him in.  Poor kid was asking why he felt like he was 80 years old.  His muscles were sore and he was light headed from his fever and headache.  The boys and I loaded into the car and headed to the doctor and just like I knew it would be, strep was confirmed.  Off to the pharmacy we went to fill his prescription, waited while some older women complained to the pharmacist, not understanding why her pills were costing her so much ($96 for 15 pills), happily paid my $7 for my prescription, and then drove home.  When I pulled into the driveway I noticed something hiding under the rug at my front door.  Yes!  My special delivery had arrived. 

These are the cutest darn shoes ever!  They fit so nicely in the palm of my hand.  I know it is completely silly to buy shoes for an infant but I just couldn't NOT order these shoes.  And, they are much cuter in person.  So, after a "blah" day of work and then coming home to a sick boy, whom I adore and would do anything to help him feel better, I was a bit excited to open my package and pull out these cute little shoes that will soon be fitting on my cute little newcomer. 

3 comments:

Deidra said...

Special delivery!? I thought you were announcing an early DELIVERY! You scared me. Cute shoes!

Shannon said...

Oops, I didn't even think of that when I wrote the headline. I certainly haven't delivered yet and hope he will wait until I can get to his room. Yikes! During the day I am totally calm about everything (me being in denial)but in my sleep I think I keep having anxiety attacks.

Nana Donna said...

Oh so cute, can't wait to see them on our cute little guy.