Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mmmm Pizza

It is always interesting when we get the cousins together.  Dresden & Collin and Logan & Sydney are little characters when they are together.  Tonight we did one of our "swaps". Collin is spending the night here and Logan is with Sydney.  I'm not sure how much longer the Sydney/Logan pair will last but I'm hoping forever...not the sleepover aspect of it but the friendship part.

So tonight I have let Dresden and Collin sort of do their thing.  We went for a quick walk and then the boys have been outside pretty much the rest of the night.  We bought pizza for dinner and they used the box for a rescue mission.  It had been raining so there were lots of critters that needed rescuing. Well, I'm not sure the critters needed rescuing but Collin and Dresden were certain they would find every single one they could and save them.  I'm pretty sure a couple of the neighbors were happy to see them gone...
I think the final count was 38 before I told the boys I didn't want any more snails "rescued" and that we needed to find a new home for the ones we did have.  The new home was snail heaven after Larry fed them snail bait. I think there are lots of flowers thanking us tonight.

2 comments:

Nana Donna said...

Hmm yummy, you should have fried them up!

Natalie and Jay said...

It is probably because I don't have any in my yard but I have always thought that snails were kind of pretty creatures. I especially like your last pic. I'll have to have the boys come to our house and round up all the grasshoppers.