Saturday, November 5, 2011

An old chapter ends, a new one begins..

A couple months ago we received word from the Deseret News that Larry would no longer be working for them.  They had to make room for upper management to cushion their pockets a little more.  That's my opinion, but I don't think it's too far off from reality.  So, after 16 years of work with the Deseret News, Larry is now looking elsewhere.  It is exciting and scary all at the same time.  I know Larry was getting tired off all the changes and lack of ethics and the fact that journalism was taking a back seat.  It was time for a change and the News helped give him that nudge he needed to find greatness and happiness with another company.  We are very grateful the News gave Larry a nice package to leave with.

Now the fun, anxiety for me, begins.  Larry is searching daily to find a new job.  Realistically, we will most likely be relocating, which has me stressed completely, but that is the reality of the situation.  I hate even typing that.  I have to be positive and supportive but I'd much rather be selfish and stubborn and demand him to look only in the SL Valley.  If I hadn't been laid off after having Strider, maybe I would have a little more pull at keeping us here.  I still have my fingers and toes crossed but I still want Larry to love what he does.

I am anxiously waiting to find out what is in store for our next chapter...